Monday 10 May 2010

Verb Phrase M















































































make * outdecipherI can't make out your handwriting. What does this say?
make * out +write a check or other documentWho should I make this check out to?
make outsucceedHe really made out in the stock market last year.
make outprogressHow is your son making out in his new job?
make outkiss passionatelyI saw Benno and Isabelle making out in the movie theater last night!
make out with +kiss someone passionatelyDid you make out with Sally?
make * overdo againThe teacher made me do my homework over.
make * up +invent ( a story)Don't believe anything she says. She always makes things up.
make * up +complete what was missedFortunately, my professor let me make up the exam I missed yesterday.
make * up +put on cosmeticsI takes me 10 minutes to make my face up.
make upreconcileYou two have been friends for so long that I think you should make up.
make up for +compensate forAllen made up for being late by getting me flowers.
mix * up +confuseI sometimes mix the verb tenses up.
mix * up +blendWe need to mix up these different kinds of nuts before we put them in a bowl.
mix * up +make lively (a party)Let's mix up this party with a little disco music.

No comments:

Post a Comment