Thursday 29 April 2010

Y

yard all wool and a yard wide
yarn spin a yarn
year (all) year round
year by the year
Ye a r ring in the New Year
year year after year
year year in, year out

year year round
years advanced in years
years along in years
years get along (in years)
years on in years
years up in years
years well up in years
years years running
yesterday need something yesterday
yesterday not born yesterday
yet be the death of me (yet)
yield yield the right-of-way
yoke a yoke around someone’s neck
yon hither, thither, and yon
yon thither and yon
you All right for you!
you and what have you
you before you can say Jack Robinson
you before you know it
you Behind you!
you between you, me, and the lamppost
you Can you imagine?
you Do I need to paint you a picture?
you Don’t let someone or something get you down.
you Do you read me?
you Flattery will get you nowhere.
you goes to show you
you Have I got something for you!
you Have you been keeping busy?
you Here’s looking at you.
you Here you go.
you How goes it (with you)?
you How’s the world (been) treating you?
you I’ll (try to) catch you later.
you mind you
you pay as you go
you so clean you could eat off the floor
you so quiet you could hear a pin drop
you so still you could hear a pin drop
you Thank you for sharing.
you There you go.
you What are you driving at?
you What do you want me to say?
you What have you been up to?
you What’s keeping you?
you Where’ve you been hiding yourself?
you Who do you think you’re kidding?
you Who do you think you’re talking to?
You You bet (your boots)!
You You can bet on it!
You You can say that again!
You You can’t please everyone.
You You can’t take it with you.
You You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
You You got me there.
You You just don’t get it!
you you know
You You said it!
You You scared me out of my wits.
You You scared the crap out of me.
You You scared the devil out of me.
You You scared the dickens out of me.
You You scared the hell out of me.
You You scared the pants off (of) me.
You You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.
You You think you’re so smart!
you a fine how-do-you-do
you the same to you
your Cat got your tongue?
your Don’t hold your breath.
your Don’t quit your day job.
your Enjoy your meal.
your get off your high horse
your Here’s mud in your eye.
your Hold your horses!
your Hold your tongue!
your Hush your mouth!
your I didn’t catch your name.
your Keep your shirt on!
your mind your manners
your not on your life
your pick on somebody your own size
your pick on someone your own size
your Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
your Put your money where your mouth is!
your You bet (your boots)!
Your Your guess is as good as mine.
Your Your secret is safe with me.
you’re Who do you think you’re kidding?
you’re Who do you think you’re talking to?
you’re You think you’re so smart!
yours yours truly
yours You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.
yourself by yourself
yourself Where’ve you been hiding yourself?
yourselves by yourselves

No comments:

Post a Comment