Tuesday 3 August 2010

Types of Pronouns, Comparison between Personal Pronouns, Possessive Pronouns and Possessive Adjectives

Types of Pronouns
























































Types of Pronouns(1) Personal Pronouns(2)Possessive Pronouns(3)Reflexive/Emphatic Pronouns
First

Person
SingularSubject

Object
I

me
minemyself
PluralSubject

Object
We

us
oursourselves
Second

Person
SingularSubject

Object
You

you
yoursyourself
PluralSubject

Object
You

you
yoursyourselves
Third PersonSingularSubject

Object
he she it

him her it
his hers itshimself herself itself
PluralSubject

Object
They

them
theirsthemselves

Comparison between Personal Pronouns, Possessive Pronouns and Possessive Adjectives


Personal Pronouns


Subject: I,we, you, he, she, it, they,


Object:   me, us, you, him, her, it, them



Possessive Pronouns


mine ours yours his hers its theirs



Possessive Adjectives


my our your his her its their



Examples


I have a book. This book belongs to me.
This book is mine.
This is my book.


We have a book. This book belongs to us.
This book is ours.
This is our book.


You have a book. This book belongs to you.
This book is yours.
This is your book.


He has a book. This book belongs to him.
This book is his.
This is his book.


She has a book. This book belongs to her.
This book is hers.
This is her book.


It has a bone. This bone belongs to it.
This bone is its.
This is its bone.


They have a book. This book belongs to them.
This book is theirs.
This is their book

No comments:

Post a Comment